Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday, July 1st, Day SEVEN

We are in Springfield, IL. I had hoped to hop on Route 66 but that is a pretty hard task to accomplish. When searching online most people want to charge you for a map, parts of Route 66 do not exist anymore, etc. I found a couple original stops on Route 66, Shea's gas station museum which we stopped at and then we had lunch a the Cozy Dog Drive in.

We also went to the Abraham Lincoln museum which was great! I love history and that place was amazing, they had the Gettysburg address on display there (it hasn't been there since 2007) so the girls and I were impressed with that.

Left Springfield, IL to head to Spring Green, WI. More sibling fighting, deep breaths are no longer working...

(Pioneer Days starts on Saturday, July 3rd in Negaunee, will I make it?)


1 comment:

  1. These stories are hilarious! My family drove my sister out to college in Colorado and did the Badlands/Rushmore thing. Our ages: 18, 15, 12, 10 in a station wagon that had a seat in the back that faced the rear.

    ReplyDelete