Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday, June 30th, Day SIX

Wake up and head to Fort Madison, IA to have lunch with my Aunt Betty. She is the last sibling of my Grandpa Baldock (my fathers dad). I had called her yesterday to ask if she would have time and I could tell she was excited. I didn't want to make plans to far in advance in case we weren't able to make it. We went to the Parthenon for lunch and it was a family restauraunt and everyone picked what they wanted. The boys split a Fort Madison special pizza and it was delicious (too much for them to eat if you can believe it!). I haven't seen my Aunt Betty in about 12 years and I was very glad to be able to make this stop. We took some pictures and it was on the road again...

We were off to Keokuk (about 20 minutes away). My grandparents are buried in the Keokuk National Cemetary along with my grandpa's sister Dee. It was a beautiful cememtary and my Aunt Betty was right, it did look like they cut the grass with sissors.

Next stop was Geode exploring in Keokuk. I wish I could have taken a picture of "Gary", wow is all i can say. I think I will call "American pickers" and tell them to check his place out. He had a pair of glasses on that I am sure my mother owned at one time! Intersting to say the least, we got our hammers and headed on our way! It was hot but the kids had a blast hammering the clay/dirt to look for geodes, well worth this off the road excursion.

More sibling fighting, yes, I need a drink...




No comments:

Post a Comment