Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sunday, June 27th, Day THREE

We woke up, girls weren't hungry but the boys were of course. Stopped at the gas station for some breakfast, nothing but the best for my family! On to Wade's Gold Mill to pan for gold and strike it rich (or at least pay for this trip!). It was fun, the creek was cold and I know I would not have had the patience to do this for a living. We all found gold (very tiny pieces) and garnets. The girls and I will be making garnet earrings with the stones we found.

We ate lunch at a local "grill" and then we headed to Mt. Rushmore. There was an antique shop on the side of the road that we stopped at and i will be definately adding some pictures from that place. Mt. Rushmore was amazing but after all the years of having that on my bucket list, I must say I am more impressed with Crazyhorse!

I was watching other parents with there kids and realized I was not alone in my sibling fighting hell, what was I thinking driving in a van with 4 teenagers...

1 comment:

  1. I think it is every parents job to take thier children on a cross-country road trip...

    ReplyDelete