Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thank you

I have received some very nice text messages over the last few days that i want to keep. My children are the most important "things" in the world to me. I have tried to raise good humans, not good basketball players or runners but good people. Sometimes when i hear "your son is so nice" or "your daughter is so kind" i let it go in one ear and out the other. But when i get those compliments from people I CARE about or i like, those are the compliments that really stick.

First a random text from my daughter, i am not sure what brought this on but it brought me to tears at my desk…

3;09pm, 2-28-14

I just want to tell you that you're a good mom and I appreciate everything you do for me even though sometimes it might not seem like it 😘❤️👭🎀
Sent from my iPhone


Then this thank you from Ryan Mayer who does the sports for 970 espn. I have been giving him the updates to the games all this season

8:23pm, 2-28-14

Thank you for the updates. I'm sorry about the loss but thank you so much for the updates this season!


Next one is from Aubri's basketball coach…

8:41am, 3-1-14

Cindi, thank you for all of your help and support the last two years. I have truly enjoyed the opportunity of being around your daughter. Her wit, charm and leadership are irreplaceable in our program. There is never a dull moment when she is around. Be a very proud mother, you have done well molding her into a great person. Take care.
 

Finally after the boys basketball game (3-2-14) my young neighbor who is now a freshmen in college

He said "your last one is all done you should be proud you raised four good kids". 

I remember when my son Tyler was little and my neighbors mother Robin told me what a good mom i was. She passed away when my neighbor was very young. When he said that to me I immediately thought of his mother. I know she is very proud and has been by his side the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment