Sunday, March 2, 2014

fragile

Well my daughters basketball career ended on Friday with a loss to Ishpeming. There were tears from the seniors and me, too. I woke up Saturday to a very nice text message which sent me into tears before i even got out of bed. I went to the boys basketball game on Saturday and that was the last time those seniors will play for Negaunee. I have been on the verge of tears or in tears all weekend. I feel like i have been more emotional with this child than the other 3 combined. Maybe it's because she is the baby, not sure but i just can't pull it together. Maybe I am in denial but these last 4 years have just flown by.

I have had such a great time being her coach, assistant coach and team mom through all these basketball years. She is a great leader and team player. I have so many people tell me what a great player she is but more importantly what a good person she is. The radio announcers love her and get fired up when they talk about "Romback". She didn't have as much playing time as she did last year but she still kept her head high. I will miss following her all over the U.P. to watch her play.

I guess i just miss this little girl altogether, when she needed me...

No comments:

Post a Comment