Thursday, February 27, 2014

fed up

update, I am officially done. 4 months ago my sister had a a few boxes to go through. I stopped by today 2-27-14 to drop off the basket below i got from TJ Maxx $14.99 (it's super cute but i am sure it will be destroyed in no time). The boxes were in the same spot and they were still there untouched. I work full time, take classes and keep MY 6 person house clean. Laziness is not a disease it is a habit. I dropped off my last present today, picture below. You see my sister puts her purse and all the other stupid shit she can't part with in a box in there living room, really? pull it together.

Yup i am done. If you want to live in squalor, go ahead.


Before I was fed up...

http://saintmarty-marty.blogspot.com/2013/11/november-23-its-wonderful-day-being.html 

Here is what i have done so far to help my sister & brother-in-law...
  • 9-29-13, 1 1/2 hours,  i helped my sister clean in the kitchen , 2 HUGE black garbage bags, 2 small kitchen bags
  • 9-30-13, i bought new curtains for the kitchen & command strips ($25); I called Lakeview school to get numbers for beth & I. I dropped off tags & safety pins for Beth for the Lakeview resale (I hope she makes a ton of money)
  • 10-6-13, 2 hours, i helped "M" clean in the dining room, i built a bookcase that they had in the attic.
  • 10-11-13, i "won" two tall metal file cabinets from NMU's public surplus. These are steelcase file cabinets and i got them for $10 each
  • 11-10-13, helped "M" clean for about 1 hour (you can see the top of the dining room table, that was martin's wish :) ). Steven hung two adjustable 4 foot shelves in the bathroom (shelves were about $35 but i had a $20 rebate for menards)
  • 11-23-13, borrowed a friends truck to pick up furniture, its 14 degrees today and lightly snowing. Aubri and i loaded a couch, chair, 6 drawer dresser and end table (all for free) into the truck and out of the truck into the house. I used a lint roller over the whole couch and sprayed it with lysol, i hope celeste doesn't have an allergic reaction. I got the wood for free for the cubbies below and steven built them, i am hoping this will keep the shoes in order

    12-14-13, got a kitchen table and chairs from my friend Kathy for my sister and bother-in-law. the funny thing is, it belonged to my gram before kathy, now it's back in the family. I picked it up and delivered it to them and also helped clean/organize for about 2 hours. Picked up two milk crates for hats/mitten storage $4.79 a piece

No comments:

Post a Comment