Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving & Black Friday Shopping, grateful part III

Thanksgiving Day, 6pm the store opened. I only wanted to go to Younkers because they were handing out gift cards to the first 200 customers, $5, $10, $20 and one $250 gift card.  Aubri and I got there about 5:45 and stood in line, it wasn't a very long line but we got our gift cards and headed to luggage. I could hardly believe it when I opened mine and I had the $250 gift card. I just kept looking at Aubri and back at the card, she won a $10 gift card. I saved $618.39 and only spent .35, thank you Younkers, I am thankful


I have gone Black Friday shopping for years, probably 20. I don't think the stores should be open on Thanksgiving but until corporate america closes them, they will be busy. I know many police officers, nurses, etc that have to work holidays also. I have worked retail in the past and have had to work a few holidays.  If you don't believe in shopping on Thanksgiving or Black Friday then don't go, I have always had a good time. I have never had one bad experience and now my daughter has gone with me the last few years and it's even more fun. Crowds don't bother me, people acting like assholes bother me so i have put together a few tips.

Here are a couple things to keep in mind when you venture out on this day:
  1. Don't be rude to cashiers or clerks, they are trying to help you and are being paid minimum wage. You CHOOSE to do this so remember your manners, if you can't be nice then stay home.
  2. If you are trying to get something that you really WANT then get to that store and be the first in line. Don't grumble when its gone, that's all a part of the black friday sales. 
  3. Don't go in expecting to get everything you want from every store. Make a plan and prioritize the items you want. Let's be real, you can't be everywhere at once. 
  4. Don't take a cart, bring a tote bag or some type of bag with you (I always bring my big IKEA bag)
  5. Remember how to park. You can do it the other 364 days of the year, why did you forget today?

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to see that you won the $250 gift card! Bill's mom works at Younkers and had told us about the gift cards at Thanksgiving dinner.

    ReplyDelete