Wednesday, November 27, 2013

UP Pink Power, 11-9-13

Myself & 5 women went to a pool tournament to raise money for U.P. Pink Power. The help people not only with breast cancer but with all types of cancer. We hired Aubri to bring us there an pick us up. I hope it will be an annual thing. They had a photo booth, lots of great basket raffles, silver dollar raffle, music and more. 

I would like to thank my friend Kathy, she somehow told one of the organizers that i had just done the New York Breast Cancer walk. Over the mic, she thanked me and told everyone a little bit about me. I sure was shocked, sitting there listening and then hearing my name. I don't do it for the glory but it was very nice of Kathy to take the time and think of a way to acknowledge me. I appreciate it very much my friend. When you do something like the 39.3 mile walk you have no idea how much encouragement plays a role in completing the task. 

I hope this will be an annual trip for all of us out to Little Lake to support this great group of women

I haven't seen Julie in awhile, we were a bit much. I have known her since i was in middle school
 and yes, my mustache is a little off

No comments:

Post a Comment