Wednesday, April 24, 2013

ode to my blue bathrobe

I received my beloved blue bathrobe on Christmas 1983, yeah people, i said 1983. I was 13 years old. Read in the picture below, by the (4) it had matching "scuffs" but those are long gone. My grandma & grandpa Hoiem bought this for me.


this bathrobe is 30 years old and my family CAN'T stand it. They constantly pick on me about it! My friend bought me a beautiful one from Bath & Body Works for Christmas and my husband has bought me a new one, too. I don't know what it is about this robe but it is definitely one of the things i would grab as i was running out of my burning house.  It has a large hole, on the seam thank god, so off to the washer for a wash and then it needs repair.

 I don't care what anyone says, i know it probably seems weird but when i'm sick it "makes" me feel better. i am keeping this bathrobe that i love so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment