Wednesday, October 10, 2012

food for thought

i read this blog http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/ This was her post today, i usually don't re-post from someone and definately not about this but some things in this post struck me. Now for the people who know me, obviously the "serve him" is a stretch for my strong willed self but overall you get the gist

The very person you love the most is the hardest one to love sometimes.They often fall to last on the list. We cook the best meals and wear the best clothes for someone else. We clean the house and get out the best dishes when company is coming.

And it’s time to reorder ourselves. This person should come first; this person with whom I share my bed and my struggle. I should make it my business to know what he likes and what he doesn’t. I should make it my life’s mission to serve him, above all others.

Wanna know why America is in such wretched shape? We’ve lost the order of things.“Things fall apart,” as the poet says. “The centre cannot hold.” We kill ourselves and spend our last dime to make our children rotten but we’ve forgotten that it all hinges on this bed, and our holding it sacred.

See him with new eyes and study him. How can you help him? How can you ease his burden? How can you make him laugh?

Stop keeping score and just love and serve him.

You know him best so this won’t be hard for you.
Make him see that you hold this relationship in the highest regard.

Hospitality starts here. In this room. With this man.

The strength of our love for others depends on what happens here.

May the centre hold and may the best be full of ‘passionate intensity.‘

Love him well.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. I think I was meant to read this at this very minute because I was about to put a hit out on my spouse, he's annoying me so much! Thanks, friend. And...jussayin coming from you this is pretty powerful, you being such an independent BA and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post, btw.

    ReplyDelete