Monday, February 2, 2015

my dream closet

I have waited a long time for this walk in closet...it's pretty amazing :)

my shoe wheel, sigh
 yes, it's kind of organized by color/style/season
shelf above the door, i've seen this on a lot of other blogs


my vanity with all my stuff. i only have to shower in the bathroom now :) my first attempt at a silhouettes, not bad for .50 cents (frame I got a vinnie's for .50 cents, paper/spray paint i had)
 washi tape as a border for my kiddos growth chart
Aubri 11-14-01
This was a great project. My towel rack is made from a dowel and an old belt, I love it but I moved it. It's now hidden by the little dresser in this picture


Here's the breakdown...

  • Menards (for shelving brackets & dowels)
    • on Oct. 11 -  $34.28 (I had $54.23 in gift cards & rebates that i had been saving)
    • I will be getting $11.56 back in a rebate
  • Lowes (for curtains)
    • on Oct. 11 - $21.56 (I had a $25 gift card plus a 10% off discount)
      • Gary velvet insulated curtains, 3 panels, on clearance for $11 each. If i ever get the window removed i will certainly re-use these curtains somewhere else in the house. They were 10 inches to short because i had to mount the curtain rod at the top. I had extra black fabric that i just sewed across the bottom
  • Dresser/vanity = zero, i swapped dressers with Aubri
  • bench for vanity = zero, i had fabric in my stash to re-cover
  • Paint = zero, i had some white leftover and Tina gave me a little so we mixed them all together
  • shelves = zero, i used what i had from previous projects
  • shelf above door = zero, it was in sheena's room & steven didn't want it
  • flokati rug = zero, my christmas present from my kids
  • shoe wheel = zero, my birthday present from my kids
all my stuff organized in one room = PRICELESS

No comments:

Post a Comment