Monday, October 13, 2014

walk in closet

So since Sheena has moved out & in with her hubby, that left a vacant room. It is now the nerd cave, it was painted (light gray) and cleaned for him. I won't take a picture because it is still a "work in progress" to put it nicely.

That left the weird room off of the master bedroom for me to create my WALK IN CLOSET !!!!

First i took this desk that was no longer being used and cut 1/2 of it off. That's right, I took the circular saw out right in my kitchen and ripped that baby in 1/2. See how it fits perfect where the ceiling comes to an angle ? (this is under the stairs so that's why it's an odd shape) This was Tina's brilliant idea


 Before:                                     After:
 
I recovered the vanity chair that Aubri had in her room. I have had this gray/turquoise silky fabric in my stash for a long time. I LOVE it
 
    Before:                                   After:
   
Next I switched dressers with Aubri, I gave her my long dresser & took her tall one
 
Aubri's old dresser                                                         My old dresser
This is what it looks like so far :) I am thrilled, my friend Tina is the handywoman and helped me pick out the stuff and hang it. Now I have to sell the 2 HUGE wardrobes I have on the opposite wall so I can finish this project. I am on a strict/tight budget to do this closet but I will update about that later. The back wall is covered by gray velvet curtains (i am in love with them). There is a gross window that needs to be removed but no time or $ to do that now so that's why there is a curtain wall.
Tina said I need more clothes...

Since I took the long dresser out of my bedroom it left a whole wall of empty space. Finally room to move, please god ignore the paneling and mauve carpeting :/

No comments:

Post a Comment