Tuesday, August 19, 2014

13 + years

I hate dieting. I hate that i have let myself go and gained so much weight in the last 13 + years. My whole life i was active and weight was never an issue until my mid 30's. I don't think i will ever be the weight i was in high school, you know when i thought i was fat, but i want to be able to wear the clothes i have and FEEL comfortable in them.

I want to be healthy and eat healthy with the occasional splurge meal, not splurge weekend. As i age, it takes longer for the weight to come off. I have to not be so hard on myself, after all it took 13 years to gain all this, it is not going to come off in a month.

I bought this book (& the cookbook) on a suggestion from a friend and read the whole thing. I have bought the south beach diet book and never read it, it's just not realistic to cut a food group out. This book is not rocket science but it has made me stop and think about what i shove in my trap. I feel like it has reset my mind to things i already knew about, drink lots of water, don't eat carbs before you go to bed, etc, etc.

 
Since i have read this book i am down 7 pounds, mind you i have already lost these 7 pounds at least twice in the last five years. I have a goal weight i want to get to and i am being patient about getting there. I wanted to lose a few pounds for Sheena's wedding but the real reason behind this is I want to feel good about myself. I am tired of seeing this shape in the mirror, actually i haven't looked in a full length mirror in years. I am not saying this is the "cure" for weightloss but it is what works for ME at this moment.

I am responsible for how i look and feel, if I don't like it then I HAVE to CHANGE it. I can't keep laying the blame on my family, lack of time/ energy or any of the other 100 excuses I make up. I am important and this is what I want...the year of cindi is coming up & I plan on rocking that scheiss

2 comments:

  1. I picked this up at the library over the weekend. It does have some lifestyle changes that are attainable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure thing friend, i haven't made any of the meals yet but i have modified what i can…he makes sense and it's not like i have to eat some super weird food

      Delete