Tuesday, January 1, 2013

left at 3pm, snow day & christmas break !

well it's back to work tomorrow. We were sent home on Thursday the 20th of December at 3pm and then friday the 21st was a snow day! Great start to the christmas break, which ran December 24 - Jan. 2nd.

I really enjoyed this break and I was very lazy ! Here are some of the things i accomplished:
  • finished cleaning/organizing the basement
  • organized and went through all my fabric
  • 2 trips to Vinnie's to drop stuff off
  • finally made it to Rare Earth Goods in Ishpeming, a new co-op that opened. i "liked" them on facebook and she sent out a message needing walmart bags, i just happened to have 2 full bags to donate. It's a really nice store, check it out people
  • watched almost the whole first season of Prison Break, with Aubri, it was great being a couch potato
  • took all the christmas stuff down today. 
  • cleaned my house, even vacuumed in the furniture. there were enough crumbs to feed a small village
  • organized my pantry/threw out old stuff
  • cleaned bathroom cupboards & cleaned out/threw away old stuff from medicine chest
  • caught up on laundry
  • started to re-arrange my bedroom
  • had 1 hangover
  • christmas with my family. The book we gave Em "goodnight ipad" was a big hit, along with us all teasing Aubri about her "shirt". on a side note, adding velvetta chunks to your green bean casserole makes it AMAZING !
  • Aubri got the role of Maria in the sound of music they are doing at the high school in March/April and i really am so PROUD 
  • got some great stuff for christmas from my kids & husband
  • was spoiled ROTTEN by my friend Kathy & she made me feel really cheap! I got a nice gift from my friend Lisa, too
  • took the dogs for a walk with their new "leader" collars. I am hoping this will make them easier to walk. it went ok for the first walk
  • ate too much, probably gained 5 pounds
  • slept in until 11am almost every day and stayed up past midnight or later every night
  • i watched "unknown" with Liam Neeson and it was really good !
  • i drew a picture for my husband for christmas
  • had two peppermint mochas from mcdonald's, yeah i recommend them
  • i have a pile started to make my first rag rug whenever my loom is finished, i should say started
  • aubri cleaned her room. she is gonna be so busy over the next 2 months she will have to stay organized
  • sheena purged her closet
  • watched the NCIS marathon on 29th
  • got take out from border grill & bee-a-roo
  • went grocery shopping
i guess i did more than i thought after typing all this

2 comments:

  1. I did a craft/crap room clean out on New Years Eve day. I think it was the "oh crap we go back and I haven't done anything" clean-sweep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that's why i did this post. I am a list person and need to see that something got done !

      Delete