Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gwinn class of 1988 25 year reunion


Friday, July 12th... so i found out the 25 year reunion for the class i would have graduated with if i didn't move to Germany was TONIGHT. I got an invite to the mixer but i was really on the fence about going, i mean i didn't graduate with them. I hold class reunions on a pretty high pedestal because i haven't ever had a real one (class reunion cruise but there were only 5 from 88). I got home from work and tried to take a nap, finally i realized that i couldn't pass up this chance. but really ? how do i lose 20 lbs, look 10 years younger and have great hair in 2 hours ??? well i did my best and i took a self portrait and didn't look too bad...
I had no idea who was going to be there, it was at the UP North Lodge and my friend Tina was my DD. 

I was so HAPPY to see Graham Gidley! i had no idea he was going to be there, i haven't seen him since 1985
 I saw something on Facebook that David Liesch was going to the class reunion. He came with his wife, 3 children and his older sister Marne. It was great to see them all!!
 WOW! i haven't seen Kim or Wendy since 1985 either, they haven't aged a bit
 another group from 1988. It's kind of funny because i left in 1985 to go from KI Sawyer to Hahn Germany and the girl i have my hand on her shoulder Becky Lindeman left Hahn in 1985 to go back to KI Sawyer, military brats :)
 my best friend from elementary school, Beth Lullo! i haven't seen her since around 1985 either, met her husband and she looks amazing!!!

and last but not least...this was AFTER the UP North Lodge by the bonfire. Needless to say i had plenty to drink and poor "Cleats" had to listen to me. It looks like he didn't mind though. Not sure if i was singing or just flapping my gums

thanks again for remembering this "base" kid, i had a ROCKIN time and a 2 day hangover...i would do it again in a heartbeat! (p.s. - check out the time on the receipt below, we just made it ;) )


No comments:

Post a Comment