Tuesday, May 14, 2013

mother's day

update...my day was good and don't get me wrong, i do love my children
   
                                         cowboy caviar, made by Sheena, it was AMAZING!
 cards from all (Aubri gave me a large diet pepsi & tyler gave me $ )
 magnets from sheena
 glass of wine for momma
 flowers from sheena (btw, they lasted until June 4)

i hate mothers day and i have since 1993, why celebrate a holiday when you don't have a mother. Since i am a mother i have enjoyed the homemade gifts my children have given me over the years, they are some of my most precious possession's. Now they are older i guess i expect more thought put into gifts, not money even though they all have jobs and a little cash. I don't expect them to break the bank but you know what, one day out of the year i want them to think about maybe what they could DO for me. They can put a little thought into something, not scrambling at the last minute to make a homemade card, you are too old for that.

this year i would like:
yes i hope someone in my family reads this and takes charge

No comments:

Post a Comment