Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Central Ski Report

Here's an update:  the papers arrived in Norway today 11-20-12

Hello Cindi Carlson, The newspapers arrived today. I have just opened the envelope but I haven`t hade the time to read them yet. But I am looking forward to do so when I can find the time.

Thank you again for this gift. I will send you a formal thank you-letter in a couple of days.
All the best form
Per Øyvind Østensen, Curator

Norwegian Mining Museum
Po box 18
3602 Kongsberg
NORWAY


I had a stack of these newspapers that were my grandfathers from the 30's and 40's. I don't have an attachment to these but i knew i couldn't just throw them away, i knew i had to find them homes. I have a few i will send to the ski hall of fame and the rest are going in the mail to 8 different places.
When you are researching old newspapers, its the the shape the newspaper is in, it is the article on the front page. I read the articles, looked up people online and sent them to the person/ski hill with the best story.
I am sending some to a museum in Norway. One of the articles was about a Birger Rudd, he went onto to win an olympic medal and open up a skiing museum in his home town. I contacted the curator at that museum and they wanted the newspapers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kongsberg_Skiing_Museum

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! How cool. :] Or in espanol, que chiva. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it took awhile and then i thought about keeping them but then i realized these new homes would appreciate them (or i hope they will) more than me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. i had to give them proper homes ! it's funny, i just got caught up on your blog yesterday! happy thanksgiving

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete