Saturday, December 3, 2011

the ole bird strikes again...

i just got done telling Tyler that i need to go see grandma tomorrow. 2 minutes later the phone rings, i didn't catch the caller id but as soon as i answered i knew it was my gram. Here is how the conversation went...

Me: hello
Gram: (no hello) did you know the wedding was cancelled?
Me: No, i hadn't heard that
Gram: well it is, they told me it was cancelled because there is a storm coming. I was so damn mad!
Me: well there is a storm coming, we are suppose to get 6 - 8 inches tonight
Gram: Ok well I'm glad you told me, i thought they were just pulling my leg. I tried on 2 dresses but the girl told me that is not what is in now. What is in right now is white pant suits
Me: really? i don't like white pant suits at all, you should wear a dress
Gram: i don't like the white pant suits either, bullshit. What's new with you?
Me: oh nothing really, i am planning on visiting you tomorrow, hopefully we won't have too much snow from this storm.
Gram: we are going to Gail's for Christmas dinner, she has been to our house the last 2 holidays. When i told Gail she said "oh do i have to take a turn?" When Gail was at my house i asked her if that bowl was hers and Gail said "No, i didn't bring anything". It's the understanding that if you have the dinner then you supply the turkey, gray and potatoes because it's too hard to keep potatoes warm.
Me: i don't know what we are doing for Christmas, our plans are still up in the air
Gram: Ok, I'll talk to you later (she hands the phone off to the nurse)
Me: Ok, I LOVE YOU, Gram, i love you...(no response)
she is something else and that conversation made me happy, alzheimer's or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment