Monday, December 24, 2012
I am thankful for many things this christmas: my children are healthy & happy, i have a job, my husband loves me, i have a great family as crazy/dysfunctional as we are sometimes, i have a nice car, i have great friends, i don't really "want" for anything, i get to travel pretty much whenever i want, i am thankful for all of these!
I would happily agree to all of this and more if she was able to ask. Enjoy the Holidays, keep your loved ones close
Well i was feeling a little sad today, not sure why, i really love Christmas. I figured it was because i miss my mother so i thought i would go visit Gram. She was in the lunch room eating. At first i almost started to cry seeing all of the people sitting at 1/2 tables being fed. My gram has ALWAYS been the last one at the table and this still hasn't changed. I brought her flowers and chocolates. She asked who the flowers were for and i told her they were for her. She asked why and i said because i love you. She got such a big smile on her face. 10 minutes later we had that same conversation and it resulted with that same child like smile, 30 minutes later same conversation.
i brought her back to her room, put her flowers in a vase and gave her one of the dove chocolate bars. She offered it to me, i of course took a piece because she wasn't taking no today. She asked if i have seen Bruce or Marion Elizabeth lately. I said i haven't seen Bruce and she said "that buggar, he come around when he is broke". I told her that Marion moved to Chicago to be by her daughter Madeline and that she has a good job there.
I asked if she wanted to lay down and she said "not while i have company, i am not going to sleep". Soon after that she had to go to the bathroom, i brought her in and got her set up. I laughed and told her "what a small bum you have". We both laughed out loud! As usual, she took her own sweet time. I also laughed so hard because for being so little she still is so smelly, i feel sorry for her roommate sharing that bathroom! I know where i get it from. I helped her out of the bathroom and she wanted to lay down. I laid her down and gave her a kiss and told her i loved her, she said "i love you, too, you've always been a good friend. thank you for visiting". i am glad it was a good day, i left feeling happy knowing she is taken care of and seems to be happy, that is good enough for me. Thank you gram for all you have done for me throughout my life and thanks for feeding me lunch today, i love you so very much you ole bird!
Monday, December 17, 2012
Sunday, December 16, 2012
this brings me back to when i lived in Germany. I bought the wine this past weekend in Appleton. The cup i got from the last christmas market i was at with Heidi in Germany, makes me smile thinking about it
Monday, December 10, 2012
Last night i had a wonderful evening with my daughter. She volunteered to wrap christmas presents for me, while we watched the Packers vs. Lions game (go pack go). The christmas tree lights were on, it was just her and i chit chatting while i did my homework. It was a very nice evening, i am thankful because she is 16 and i don't know how many more times she will do this with me...thanks again Aubri Cheryl, i love you so very much!
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
These are all just "wants" i don't NEED anything...i have healthy children, a happy husband and friends i love (& that love me back, most days) that's good enough for me BUT when someone asks me what i want...
- Book "Self sufficienty for the 21st century", Dick and James Strawbridge
- Under Armour long socks (at Dunham's): teal stripe and 2 pack of funky color pink and green
- Life is good long sleeve t-shirts, sz XL: Happy Hour; its a wanderful life or wander woman
sweater from etsy,i found it over a year ago, couldn't stop thinking about it, so i bought it for myself today!
- sliceomatic, https://www.sliceomatic.com
- 1/16 letter stamp set
- Babushkups glasses or also called Matryosh cups
- Les champignons poster, http://www.modcloth.com/shop/wall-decor/remains-to-be-scene-paper-set-in-pasture
- Boots poster, http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/boots-erin-smith
- Alladin travel mug, turquoise from Target
- turquoise necklace, http://www.etsy.com/listing/74281953/primary-colors-star-necklace
- Book "Organic body care recipes" http://www.amazon.com/dp/1580176763/?tag=soul01-20
- purple faux fur blanket/throw from TJ Maxx $19.99
- earrings http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/clothing/jewelry/guatemalan-jade-and-sterling-silver-earrings
- sweater, too much but oooooooooooohhhh so beautiful, green, XL http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/clothing/women%27s-clothing/sweaters/irish-sweater-jacket
- i really want to surprise someone with something but i don't think i can pull it off in the next 2 months, i won't give up on this one!
- Coach or Prada, everyone has those !
Lucky crossbody convertible bag in bourbonor Fossil explorer tote, espresso http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=25005&productId=22331378&cm_mmc=goo2-_-feed-_-pdp-_-dly&mr:trackingCode=B164AAD8-C187-E111-9D68-90E2BA028069&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla (these 2 purses are a WANT for sure! this is too much for a purse, i haven't spent this much on the last 8 purses i have bought myself but hey it's my wishlist :)